Date: 12/29/20 7:59 am
From: 'Fran Keenan' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Eagle in Derry, again
Yesterday afternoon, spotted a bald eagle perched very close to our house in Derry — on busy East Broadway in front of a Chinese restaurant. : ^ )

We watched the adult bird in the top of a tree for over an hour, until it flew off at dusk. Interestingly, I saw a bald eagle perched in that same tree almost exactly a year ago (1/9/20).

I wonder if it was looking for a mate or considering a nest site. Note: Beaver Lake is less than a mile away.

Fran Keenan
Derry

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130781032@N02/50772146053/ <https://www.flickr.com/photos/130781032@N02/50772146053/>
Photo by Andrei Campeanu