Date: 12/29/20 7:23 am
From: Bill Lisowsky <ykswosil...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]2020 Nogales CBC Preliminary Totals
External Email

Thanks to the 60 folks that helped on this year's Nogales CBC, we set a new
record for total individuals recorded (23 species set new highs) and our
apparent total is *153* species, the highest in many years. This must be
verified, of course, but it was a textbook example of the "meshing effect"
and truly a team effort.
Lots of great birds all over the circle, but some of the highlights
included Long-tailed Duck, Cassin's Finch, Townsend's Warbler, and Greater
Scaup. 64 Black-chinned Sparrows are also noteworthy, as this is the
highest number recorded on a CBC in many years.
We have posted the preliminary count totals on our CBC blogspot:
https://nogalescbc.blogspot.com

Bill Lisowsky
Tubac, AZ