Date: 12/29/20 3:02 am
Subject: Dickcissel, C. Goldeneye, Bachman's Sparrow, C. Ground-Dove, Painted Bunting, etc - ACE Basin CBC
My field party had a very good day's birding on private property on the ACE
Basin CBC. Some of these birds are moving around the landscape and might
be gettable at nearby public lands.

Highlights were a Dickcissel (photo obtained), Tundra Swans, 1 Common
goldeneye hen, White Pelicans galore, Roseate Spoonbill, American Bittern,
King Rail, 4 Common Ground-Doves, 5 Loggerhead Shrikes, 2 coveys of
Northern Bobwhite, 2 Yellow-throated Warblers, Bachman's Sparrow, Seaside
Sparrow, Painted Bunting, and Rusty Blackbird. We had moderate evening
roost movement of blackbirds and grackles at dusk in a freshwater marsh as
well as a moderate evening roost flight of Fish Crows.

Nathan Dias - Charleston, SC

--
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.flickr.com/photos/offshorebirder2/__;!!OToaGQ!6ywrz-RW7DBzAsrhSSxbgecW9e1mRHQM6FOV6jJayPi6So1xiVNFMfOsHX7cV95k5iY$

"These days I prefer to hunt with a camera. A good photograph demands more
skill from the hunter, better nerves and more patience than the rifle
shot." -- Bror Blixen

Join us on Facebook!