Date: 12/28/20 8:40 pm
From: Joe Morlan <jmorlan...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Palo Alto duck pond
Thanks for the information. I suspect the prohibition on feeding is
probably the immediate cause of the lack of birds on my recent visits to
the duck pond. Does anybody know who made that decision and was it done
with public comment?

I remember people used to bring their families and the kids loved feeding
the ducks. I think there is benefit in giving kids an appreciation of
wildlife. I'm pretty sure they still have daily duck feeding at Lake
Merritt in Oakland and have possibly since the bird refuge was created.
It's a major attraction.

Thanks.

--
Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA