Date: 12/28/20 8:34 pm
From: Marta B. Harris <harrismarta8...>
Subject: Re: Feeder Watch
We've had a similar thing in our neighborhood. A pair seem to have nested across the street for at least 2 seasons. This is a heavily wooded area & the houses across the street have a creek in their backyards.

I miss the passerines, but love to see the sharpie young every spring. Everything has its place. :-)

Suzy Harris
Bartlesvillu

On December 26, 2020, at 5:49 PM, Bob And Nancy <blnllaval...> wrote:

I take part in Feeder Watch each winter. This winter I have noticed a marked decrease in the number of birds using my feeders. It seems to be due to a Sharp Shined Hawk that visits often. I can tell when it is close by when all the usual feeder birds disappear. Today , not a single bird came to the feeder until about noon when a lone Goldfinch came to a hanging feeder and a Sapsucker was on the side of a hard maple about 10’ away. As I was looking at them the hawk tried to catch both of them without success. No more birds came to the feeders until dusk when most returned including 14 Cardinals. I assume the hawk had gone elsewhere. If it stays around it is going to make this winters count look strange compared to past winters records.
Bob Laval
Heavener

Sent from my iPad

Join us on Facebook!