Date: 12/28/20 5:33 pm
From: Nick Bonomo via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Norwich CBC - South Section - Dec 27
CTBirders,

Yesterday I participated in the 2nd Norwich CBC and took the South section
for the second time. Last year Edie Ray and I fought tough conditions in a
new territory for 46 species. This year the weather was perfect and, on my
own this time due to Covid, I tallied 67 species for the section, which I
was really pleased with. Bob Askins had Red-headed Woodpecker within this
section as well, which brings the total to at least 68 species, and there
may be a bit more data to come in.

Highlights included Virginia Rail, Eastern Phoebe, Marsh Wren, Evening
Grosbeaks (flyby), and a couple of interesting juncos.

eBird list here:
eBird Checklist - 27 Dec 2020 - Norwich CBC - South Section (entire) - 66
species (+4 other taxa) <https://ebird.org/checklist/S78177799>

I highly recommend getting in touch with compiler Allison Black for next
year's count. This is a new count and has some rather good habitat in an
under-birded part of the state.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT