Date: 12/28/20 2:04 pm
From: Jim G <jgouldoz...>
Subject: [va-bird] 20 Evening Grosbeaks - Charles City County, Shirley Plantation, VA
Hello VA Birders,
I am always amazed that we are so willing to share locations of birds, with
the hope that fellow birders will find and enjoy them in an ethical manner.

Today, I was able to locate a flock of approximately 20 Evening Grosbeaks,
thanks to the emailed guidance of local birder Allen Bryan. The rare birds
were located along a seemingly boring stretch of trees along Shirley
Plantation Road, near Route 5 in Charles City County. I probably would
have driven right by if I weren't told to do otherwise by Bryan.

Although I did manage to get my LIFER Evening Grosbeak on the Outer Banks
(Dare County, NC) this year, where I live. I only saw 1 male on that
occasion. So, to see 20 was amazing, and to get decent photos was "icing on
the cake."

I hope that you all get to enjoy Evening Grosbeaks and other rarities this
winter, and thanks again for all the help.

Jim Gould
Southern Shores, NC
Mother lives in Hopewell, V

<bird...> To unsubscribe, send email to