Date: 12/28/20 11:57 am
From: Mike Feighner <feinerVogel94551...>
Subject: Re: [pen-bird] Red Crossbills at Skylawn 12/24/2020
We saw the Red Crossville circling over the statue twice at 11:34 am before they headed back to the east from where they came.  A couple there said the only times the birds are seen at the fountain are between 9 and 11 amMike and Ron Correll-Feichtner Livermore Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: "Kent Forward via groups.io" <kforward...> Date: 12/25/20 4:38 PM (GMT-08:00) To: Peninsula Birding <peninsula-birding...> Subject: [pen-bird] Red Crossbills at Skylawn 12/24/2020 Hello Birders,Yesterday I had the pleasure of catching up with the RED CROSSBILLS that have been regularly visiting the Kuan Yin statue area at highest point of the Skylawn Cemetery (Lotus Garden) this season.  It was a lovely day before the clouds of the pending storm system moved in later, and they put on quite a show!  Seems several groups came and went during the time I was there, photos in my eBird checklist:https://ebird.org/checklist/S77977435Also of note were the raptors, in a short period I had a SHARP-SHINNED HAWK, NOTHERN HARRIER and RED-TAILED HAWK.Side note: unusual for the immediate coastside I have been seeing / hearing a NUTTALL'S WOODPECKER in some trees on the east side of the town of Half Moon Bay.  Not a species we're used to seeing over on this side of things so close to the coast!Bountiful Birding,Kent ForwardEl Granada