Date: 12/28/20 11:18 am
From: Oliver Zhang <BLACKROCKARTSTUDIO...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Shoreline Lakes
Hi friends,

Yesterday morning I was walking around the Shoreline Lakes after the sun came out; around 10:00 am, near the boathouse, there were 4  non-breeding EARED GREBES.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised to see a male BELTED KINGFISHER hovering, scouting & dive-bombing to catch the fish like a hummingbird.

Blended in were the FOSTER's TERNs diving & catching too.

This is the 5th time I have seen the BELTED KINGFISHER around this area, as Diane also has seen the Kingfisher near the duck pond a few times, I hope these two settle here. They are just so cute.

Photos are attached just to be sure I got the bird's ID right.

Happy birding.

Oliver

View/Reply Online (#23317): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23317
-=-=-