Date: 12/28/20 5:49 am
From: Frank Mantlik via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Stratford Area Z of CBC 12/27
12/27 - east side of Stratford shore, area Z of Stratford-Milford CBC - We had a great day afield. Though still tallying, we found at least 76 bird species, with these highlights: 4 Canvasbacks (Frash Pond), 10 COMMON EIDERS, 1 Common Merganser (Frash), 2 Pied-billed Grebes (Frash), 4 American Coot (Birdseye), 1 Black-bellied Plover (Stratford Point), PURPLE SANDPIPER (breakwater off Stratford Pt), ICELAND GULL (1st-cycle, Frash), both Cormorants, 3 GREAT EGRETS (Frash), Black-crowned Night-Heron, possible Yellow-crowned Night-Heron, Bald Eagle, Barred Owl, Merlin, Peregrine Falcon, 2 Common Ravens, 11 Horned Larks, 2 Ruby-crowned Kinglets, ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER (Shore Rd), 71 COMMON REDPOLLS (Stratford Pt and Sniffens Ln), 2 RED CROSSBILLS (Stratford Point), and 1 WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILL (Stratford Pt).

Frank Mantlik, Stratford
With Corrie Folsom-O’Keefe, Patrick Comins, Stefan Martin, Ryan MacLean, Alfred Green, Becca Cusick

Sent from my iPad