Date: 12/28/20 2:14 am
From: Chuck Imbergamo via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] How to see 100+ Dovekies in MA
Hey Will –

First, the moderator asked that this subject be closed, as did I when I feared it was going to take a turn for the worse.

Despite that, you posted about how ‘easy’ it is to see Dovekies, when my original post was about how that never happened before, for me. Let that sink in a minute and you might understand how your post landed with me. You’ve seen hundreds of Dovekies – good for you. For me it’s a magical bird, especially as sight unseen. And I heard today from many others who feel the same.

Finally, 4 out of 5 of the people who posted about this were in support of my original post, and I didn’t read any sense of ‘entitlement’ anywhere. It was certainly not how I felt, and not how I read anyone else’s reaction.

I simply thought that this was a case where the release could have been posted so others would have the chance to see the bird. I hear you on the cases where posting it might be an issue, but that was not the case this time. Instead, only certain people were notified and no one posted about it. As unfortunate as it was for me being so close to the park, another well-known Hammo birder was actually IN the park and didn’t know about it. Imagine how they felt about this!

I have since communicated with some of the birders who were there, and I don’t (and never did) consider them as part of any ‘conspiracy’ – and by the way, I never said that. All of them, and many others, have agreed that the release could have been posted.

Now let’s respect the wishes of the moderators and drop the subject.

Thank you.

Chuck Imbergamo
Madison