Date: 12/27/20 7:08 pm
From: Larry Cartwright <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender prowarbler for DMARC)
Subject: [va-bird] Re: Common Goldeneye at Ben Brenman: Rufous at Green Spring
Vineeta,

Yes, it was me. We all looked like a bunch of bandits out there today. 😊 Hope you guys got to see the Goldeneye.

In a communication with Kurt Gaskill, bander Bruce Peterjohn said that it would be highly unlikely, but he wanted to make sure that this Rufous was not the same female that he banded in 2012. So no, he hasn't totally ruled it out.

As far as the banding goes, the permit process will not be completed until Dec 29 at the earliest. The public will not be invited to view the banding, but the POC at Green Spring will send me the report for CBC and VARCOM documentation. You were there, so you know how active she was today, perching, then hawking insects, then hitting the feeder. Then perching some more. The only time she appears to get nervous is when too many folks get too close to the feeder or trellis.

Larry Cartwright
Compiler, Huntley Meadows Eastern Bluebird Nest Box Program
Compiler, Dyke Marsh Breeding Bird Survey
Compiler, District of Columbia Christmas Bird Count
Compiler Audubon Society of Northern Virginia Winter Waterfowl Count
<prowarbler...>
6722 Fern Lane
Annandale, Va. 22003
(Landline) 703-941-3142