Date: 12/27/20 4:11 pm
From: Katie Towler <katie...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Northern Shrike, Pease
We found a Northern Shrike late this afternoon at Pease, just past Short Street, perched in a tree in the marsh north of the field, on the west side of the road. We watched the bird for about five minutes before it flew across the road and perched in a tree at the back of the field. We went on to GBWR. When we returned, the Shrike was still perched at the back of the field.

Photos: https://flic.kr/p/2kmaMz6 <https://flic.kr/p/2kmaMz6>

We want to say thank you to all of you who shared bird sightings and the camaraderie of birding with us this year. Birding lifted our spirits and kept us sane when often the only people we saw were birding friends we ran into in our favorite spots or when we went looking for some of the great rarities that showed up. Happy New Year! Goodbye 2020!

Katie Towler
Jim Sparrell
Portsmouth