Date: 12/27/20 3:49 pm
From: Stephen Mirick <smirick...>
Subject: [NHBirds] More Pine Grosbeaks, but still no Evening Grosbeaks!
Jane and I continue our quest for our first Evening Grosbeak of the
year.  Once again, we came up empty.   Today, we just drove around back
roads searching for active feeders and staring at birds up in the
trees.  We hit areas in Dover, Gonic, Barrington, Strafford, Northwood,
Nottingham, Deerfield, Raymond, and Brentwood.  Still no luck.

Highlights were minimal, but included:

Pine Grosbeak - 15 at Liberty Mutual Campus in Dover.  My 6th separate
location for Pine Grosbeaks this fall/winter.
Common Redpoll - 65 in one nice tight flock in a small birch tree
working on the catkins.

Steve & Jane Mirick
Bradford, MA