Date: 12/27/20 3:14 pm
From: Walter Hadlock <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender jaybirdncarol for DMARC)
Subject: [va-bird] Quick note about Riverbend Park, Fairfax County
We went to Riverbend Park to check the river for waterfowl. The Potomac is very high, with not much activity. We did see six Common Mergansers and various Bufflehead floating on the river.
The riverside trail—upriver and downriver from the Visitor Center is closed because of recent flooding. No information as to when it will reopen.

We had a productive visit to the Meadow. Lots of White throated Sparrow, Song Sparrow, White breasted Nuthatch, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Downy Woodpecker, Black Vulture, female Red-wing Blackbird.

A nice day for a visit, but we’ll have to save walking the riverside trial for another day.

Good birding to all,
Jay and Carol Hadlock
Herndon, VA (Fairfax County)
<bird...> To unsubscribe, send email to