Date: 12/27/20 11:32 am
From: Hugh McDevitt <hdmcdevitt...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Calero-Morgan Hill CBC: IBM Almaden
Deb and I covered the IBM Almaden facility (private property) and part of Henwood Road for the Calero-Morgan Hill CBC yesterday.  It was a beautiful day.  Species count was down (45, a low for this sector), although overall bird numbers seemed good.  Highlights included all six woodpecker species on the list, and five sparrow species.  (We had both Lark and Rufous-crowned Sparrows this year, which can be variable. We missed Lincoln's Sparrow.)  Raptors--both species and numbers--were lower than past years.  We had both Bewick's and Rock Wrens, but missed Belted Kingfisher, California Thrasher, and Horned Lark. A great day to be outdoors with spectacular views of the Almaden Valley!
Hugh and Deb McDevitt

View/Reply Online (#23312): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23312
-=-=-

-=-=-