Date: 12/26/20 8:15 pm
From: Bill Bousman <barlowi...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Almaden South, Green-tailed Towhee
Folks:

I did the Almaden South Section today, 12/26/20 for the Calero-Morgan
Hill CBC.  I have not worked through the numbers in the very nice way
that Michael Hawk has done.  Mostly, things were normal or below,
maybe.  But a Green-tailed Towhee on the Calero Creek Trail was a lucky
find.

I walked the Calero Trail from the end of San Vicente Avenue to Harry
Road and back.  The first part is along Santa Teresa Creek, the trail
then crosses over and follows Calero Creek.  I saw the Green-tailed
Towhee just before noon in the first part in a shrub at 37.20417,
-121.81341 per Google Maps.  Nearby is a rectangular object that is
shown in the satellite view.  If you have ever walked this trail you may
remember that this rectangular object is a fence with slats painted
green, making it difficult to look inside. Today, there were a lot of
people on the trail.  The Zonos seemed jumpy and they all departed in
different directions after my sighting.

Bill Bousman
Menlo Park

View/Reply Online (#23305): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23305