Date: 12/26/20 2:10 am
Subject: My Bad
Greetings all

Boy did I make a bobo

Yesterday after a 4 hr drive down to Manteo to find and with in an hour of walking up and down Hwy 64 near North End Park I found the Black-Throated Gray Warbler thanks to Jeff Lewis who told me were to look and that it most likely would be by itself and it was.

After that is was a 3 hr drive to Morehead City to look for the Bullock’s Oriole. Upon arrival within a few minutes I had an Oriole and the another which looked like a female Bullock’s and then there was a total of 5 of them that I reported on GROUPME Text Alert as Bullock’s but they turned out to be Baltimore Orioles.

That’s what happens when you’re tired from driving and by the time I arrived it ways already 1600 hrs and the sunlight was getting poor but my biggest mistake was I was using the Sibley app comparing the Bullock’s and Baltimore Oriole and I was looking at the Baltimore females and not the Bullock’s.

Lesson learn don’t be a dumb butt and report the wrong species

With egg on face

From my iPhone

Go Birding be Safe

May God Bless and Keep You