Date: 12/25/20 11:01 am
From: Ronald Zigler <ronaldzigler...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Red-shouldered Hawk in Sturbridge
Greetings Mass Birders! I am new to both Massachusetts as well as this list-serve, however I have been following the messages for a couple of months now. I thought you might find my recent observations (as well as some images) of a Red-shouldered Hawk noteworthy. This bird has been observed along route 131 in between the Sturbridge Common and the Shaws market, as well as along route 20 near the road to Burgess Elementary School.
Having spent the past 24 years in Pennsylvania outside of Philadelphia, I did not expect to find a RSH this far north during this season.
Best wishes for a great holiday season and a better new year.
Ron ZiglerHolland, MA
<ronaldzigler...>
Here are a couple of links to my images of this bird:
Red-shouldered Hawk IMG_3300

| | |

| |
Red-shouldered Hawk IMG_3300

Sturbridge, Massachusetts I was not expecting to see one of these raptors up here at this time of year. Nonethel...

Red-shouldered Hawk pivoting away from the wind IMG_3358

| | |

| |
Red-shouldered Hawk pivoting away from the wind IMG_3358

Sturbridge, Massachusetts This bird had been perched facing the wind. This image captures its mid-air pivot as h...

Join us on Facebook!