Date: 12/24/20 7:37 pm
From: <edgew...> <edgew...>
Subject: Re: YRWA Creve Coeur Lake and a Mystery Bird

Yellow-rumpled Warblers are unusual, but, especially given the warm weather we’ve had, are not rare. The photo clearly shows it to be a “butter butt.”
Yellow rumps are among the most versatile of warblers, with a diet more varied than other warblers and feeding habits (fly catching, creeping, leaf gleaning, etc.) to match. They are not even truly neotropic migrants, as many do not leave The US for the winter.

A close se look at your woodpecker photo shows some diagnostic features. Note that bright yellow along the front of the folded wing. Yellow-shafted is the de

Sent from my iPhone