Date: 12/24/20 7:07 pm
From: <jacksonwrxt89...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Xmas Gift from the Southwest
Well, it doesn’t take me to tell you that this had been a bizarre year. Our lives were turned upside down by Coronavirus and it made us all look at life differently. It also made birding different, especially for those on the species-rich coastline. Otherwise, at least from my perspective, it was a pretty awesome year for birding in New Hampshire. Most notably was the invasion of southwestern birds and birds found well west of the Mississippi River. While some are almost annual visitors, others were either first’s or one’s of very few records. I can’t help but notice how one year brought on such an influx of western visitors, but I can say I think we all needed them. The following is the list of all eleven of the western vagrants we had this year making it the year-of-the-west. I apologize I can’t give everyone they’re credit for finding them, but we’re all appreciative many got to see most of not all of them. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

White-winged Dove
Sage Thrasher
Townsend’sSolitaire
Varied Thrush