Date: 12/24/20 6:43 pm
From: Bert Harris <aramidopsis...>
Subject: [va-bird] Initial results of the Plains/Airlie CBC (Fauquier & Prince William counties)
Hi all,
Not all of the data are in, but we had a great Christmas count last Sunday.
This was the 21st year for the count and we added two new species, Palm
Warbler (4 seen), and House Wren (1). We also had high counts for Rusty
Blackbird (67), Greater Scaup (8), and American Pipit (276). Other
highlights included flyover Sandhill Cranes in Gainesville, views of 5
Short-eared Owls hunting during the day at Harrison Road, and three otters
fishing and grooming each other on the ice at Belvoir Pond.

Thank you to all of the sector leaders and participants!

Good birding,
Bert Harris and Alison Zak, Warrenton, VA

--
Bert Harris
Executive Director