Date: 12/24/20 6:14 pm
From: Tom Grey <tgrey...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Sunday outing
After confining my bird photography to my backyard for too much of this
strange year, I went out last Sunday (12/22/2020) and was delighted to get
the desired photos of the light morph FERRUGINOUS HAWK on east Palm Ave.
in Coyote Valley:
https://pbase.com/tgrey/image/171294618;

and then of the BRANT, grazing east of the Boat Dock at Shoreline Lake:
https://pbase.com/tgrey/image/171294608 .

MORE DELIGHTS (SOMEWHAT 0.T.)

1. At Coyote Valley, the Ferruginous was not in the reported oak tree when
I arrived, and, lacking the required patience, I was about to leave. But
then I noticed that next to that oak was a persimmon tree with several
fruit still hanging -- and some birds moving around. Binocs revealed among
them a cute White-crowned Sparrow and several sparkly starlings.

I can't resist photographing birds eating persimmon and spent a fun half
hour shooting the spectacle. At the end of which the Ferrug arrived!

Here are some pix from the intermission:
https://pbase.com/tgrey/image/171294617
https://pbase.com/tgrey/image/171294616
https://pbase.com/tgrey/image/171294622

2. And at Shoreline, there was also more photo fun to be had than just the
Brant, for example:
Buffleheads,
female: https://pbase.com/tgrey/image/171294610
male: https://pbase.com/tgrey/image/171294611