Date: 12/24/20 7:49 am
From: <bgug...>
Subject: [labird] vermillion flycatcher on Ben Hur Road, Baton Rouge
Yesterday, I got word of a male Vermillion flycatcher on Ben Hur Road at the Termite Building. My daughter, Katherine, and I went around 4:30 and, sure enough, it was perched on the cyclone fence to the left of the building. It did the usual flycatcher movements, fluttering up and down to the same spot on the fence. We heard and observed a kestrel nearby. It circled and landed close to the flycatcher's perch. But when we looked for the flycatcher again, it had disappeared, hopefully hiding from the kestrel. i managed to take some decent pictures with my scope and cell phone.