Date: 12/23/20 7:12 am
From: Chris Barrigar <1chrisbarrigar...>
Subject: Probable Red Crossbill(s), Rocky Fork Lake/Finger Lakes SP, 12/23

At the split/entrance to Finger Lakes SP, I heard chip notes very similar to Type 1 Red Crossbill. Before I could visually locate, the notes moved NE into Rocky Fork Lake CA property.

Anyone in the area & with some free time on their hands (or an escape from visiting family - wink-wink, nudge-nudge), maybe you could come help verify RRCR.

Lots of Red-breasted Nuthatches in Finger Lakes SP pines & a few Pine Siskins floating around also.

Any help in confirmation would be awesome!

Good birding!

Chris Barrigar
Boone Co. MO