Date: 12/23/20 12:54 am
Subject: eBird Trip Summary - Dec 22, 2020
Greetings all.

After a cold start this morning at 0630 finding 2 Am Woodcock at Flat River for a Durham Co year bird it was nice to heard the males doing their mating flight since I didn’t see them in March because of the stay home orders.

After that it was the 50 minute quick march to the very end of Area B to look for and hopefully find the Red Crossbills that I missed on Monday.

Within a few minutes of reaching the end at the power line I found four of the Crossbills a new bird for Durham Co for me #213.

Unfortunately after that the rest of the day proved uneventful going to Hickory Hill Boat Ramp, Rolling View SP and to Sandy Creek Park hoping to at last add the Orange-crowned Warbler but no luck.

It was such a beautiful day and it was hard to believe that we are in winter already.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

jeffblalock
eBird Checklist Summary for: Dec 22, 2020

Number of Checklists: 4
Number of Taxa: 42

Checklists included in this summary:
(1): Flat River Waterfowl Impoundment
Date: Dec 22, 2020 at 6:30 AM
(2): Flat River Waterfowl Impoundment
Date: Dec 22, 2020 at 6:49 AM
(3): Falls Lake--Rolling View
Date: Dec 22, 2020 at 11:10 AM
(4): Sandy Creek Park
Date: Dec 22, 2020 at 12:45 PM

3 Wood Duck -- (2)
2 Pied-billed Grebe -- (3)
1 Horned Grebe -- (3)
2 American Woodcock -- (1)
20 Bonaparte's Gull -- (3)
230 Ring-billed Gull -- (2),(3)
1 Common Loon -- (3)
600 Double-crested Cormorant -- (3)
2 Great Blue Heron (Blue form) -- (2)
8 Black Vulture -- (2)
8 Turkey Vulture -- (2)
1 Osprey -- (2)
1 Sharp-shinned Hawk -- (2)
1 Red-tailed Hawk -- (2)
1 Belted Kingfisher -- (2)
2 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker -- (2),(4)
1 Red-headed Woodpecker -- (2)
6 Red-bellied Woodpecker -- (2),(3),(4)
1 Pileated Woodpecker -- (2)
1 Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) -- (2)
2 Eastern Phoebe -- (2)
8 Blue Jay -- (2)
12 American Crow -- (2)
4 Tufted Titmouse -- (2)
1 Red-breasted Nuthatch -- (2)
1 White-breasted Nuthatch (Eastern) -- (2)
2 Brown-headed Nuthatch -- (2),(3)
1 Winter Wren -- (2)
6 Carolina Wren -- (2)
3 Brown Thrasher -- (2)
2 Eastern Bluebird -- (2)
1 Hermit Thrush -- (4)
8 Red Crossbill -- (2)
2 American Goldfinch -- (2)
4 Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored) -- (2),(3)
5 White-throated Sparrow -- (2)
8 Song Sparrow -- (2),(4)
4 Swamp Sparrow -- (2)
6 Eastern Towhee -- (2)
20 Red-winged Blackbird -- (2)
1 Common Grackle -- (2)
2 Northern Cardinal -- (2)

This trip summary was created using the eBird app for iPhone and iPad.
See eBird for more information.

From my iPhone

Go Birding be Safe

May God Bless and Keep You