Date: 12/21/20 7:27 pm
From: John Hurley <jhurley13...>
Subject: Re: [pen-bird] Burleigh Murray SP, Crystal Springs CBC
For fun, I ran them through BirdNet (https://birdnet.cornell.edu <https://birdnet.cornell.edu/>, Analysis of Audio Recordings). Unknown_CoastalScrub.wav it does indeed think is a Wrentit. For Unknown_Eucalyptus.wav, the results were … inconclusive. Purple Finch is in its list of possibilities. Keep in mind it is just looking at spectrograms without knowing location or anything else, so often the results are out there.

The attached WAV files were made using Audacity and amplified to the recommended -3dB level.

John