Date: 12/21/20 7:20 am
From: Ann Hepenstal via groups.io <annhep...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] White Throated Sparrow, Merlin in Santa Clara
Alex and I birded the Agnews campus for Sunday’s SJ CBC.

Alex spotted a White Throated Sparrow feeding in the duff around a hedge amid a group of Golden Crowned Sparrows.
Parking lot of Oracle along Network Circle, approx here (37.3950327, -121.9512396)

Alex also spotted a Merlin perched high on a power tower, enjoying a meal. We got great views through the scope. I watched it nibble the prey bird’s leg... then drop the leftover over the side!
Approx here (37.3940940, -121.9578978)

Good birding!
Ann

View/Reply Online (#23262): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23262