Date: 12/21/20 7:04 am
From: Frank Mantlik via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Norwalk warblers, etc 12/20
On Sunday, 12/20, as part of the Westport CBC, Chris Bosak and I birded our east half of Norwalk, tallying 57 species. Highlights included: PRAIRIE, PINE, and 2 Yellow-rumped WARBLERS, NORTHERN SHOVELER, 3 NORTHERN PINTAIL, 6 BLACK SCOTERS, both Scaup, 2 Peregrines, Merlin, 2 Horned Larks, Red-breasted Nuthatch, and Chipping Sparrow.

The warblers were all along the Norwalk River loop trail, a pine- bordered sidewalk (snow-covered) around the wastewater treatment plant, accessed from South Smith Street. All results can be found on EBird.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone