Date: 12/21/20 4:19 am
From: eduardo <delsolar...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Race Point, images
Last week, December 8-11, I visited Race Point, upper Cape to bird and photograph. Razorbills were plenty far away but, like Northern Gannets, some were coming close to shore. Few Long-tailed Ducks were flying close to shore together with large flocks of Red-breasted Mergansers and Common Eiders. Likewise a few Surf Scoters were close to land mixed with large flocks of  Black Scoters. At Race Point beach saw a group of about 15 Snow Buntings, plenty of seals feeding very near the shore line. No wonder there are so many warning posts regarding white sharks in every beach I visited here. Had great looks of a Red Fox one early morning  in the dunes near Race Point beach. At my return did a brief stop at Scusset beach, bordering the canal. Saw Common Loon and Common Eider feeding at the canal side. Herring and Ring-billed Gulls cracking shells at the rocky beach at Scusset, Sandwich side.
Here is the link to images from that trip:
Race Point, Cape Cod (delsolar.org)

Eduardo del Solar
Boston, mass.
<delsolar...>