Date: 12/21/20 3:06 am
From: Christine Kline <birdsecretary...>
Subject: Re: Cooper’s or Sharp-Shinned?

My opinion (and I still consider myself a beginner birder) is that this is a Sharp-shinned Hawk. The head is rounded, the eye is centered rather than being close to the beak, and the beak is more "dainty" and small where a Cooper's beak would be more pronounced or thicker/heavier. Unfortunately there's no great picture of the tail, but it does appear in one of the photos that it might be squared up, rather than rounded. I'm also curious to see what everyone else thinks. There's nothing like a bird debate to start the week.
Christine Kline
Cass County ~ Pleasant Hill
<birdsecretary...>