Date: 12/20/20 6:02 pm
From: GLENN D'ENTREMONT <gdentremont1...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Quincy CBC-ZOOM compilation
The Quincy CBC was run for the 75th year. We held the compilation via ZOOM and it went very well. It was seemingly not complex and the section captains got the hang of it and followed one another pretty easily. A few times the first syllable of the response was missed, but just had to ask to repeat. Keep the non-speakers mute during the compilation.

The total is currently at 102 which needs to be confirmed with the lists since I want to ensure I took the numbers correctly. This is better than average.

We had two species new to the count: Common Murre and Bullock's Oriole

Highlights below:

Harlequin Duck 2 (one each in Cohasset and Hull)
Barrow's Goldeneye 1 male, continuing bird at Great Pond Randolph/Braintree
Common Loon 74 high
Bald Eagle 6 high, maybe highest
Red-shouldered Hawk 7 high
low light-missing shorebirds, NO Sanderlings
Thick-billed Murre 1
Common Murre 1 (off Hull gut)
Razorbill 1
Black Guillemot 1 (four alcids!)
Black-legged Kittiwake 1
Barred Owl 1
Northern Saw-whet Owl 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1
American Kestrel 1
Merlin 1
Peregrine Falcon 2
Common Raven 7 high, maybe highest
Winter Wren 2
Carolina Wren 79 (their back)
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2
Common Grackle 1
Brown-headed Cowbird 11
BULLOCK's ORIOLE 1 continuing bird at feeder in Cohasset
Purple Finch 1
RED CROSSBILL 3
COMMON REDPOLL 41
Pine Siskin 13

Glenn

Glenn d'Entremont: <gdentremont1...> Stoughton, MA

Join us on Facebook!