Date: 12/20/20 5:35 pm
From: Rebecca Suomala <rsuomala2...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Concord CBC - more Highlights
Pat Myers joined me covering the Chichester/Pembroke “inland” sector (away from the Merrimack River) of the Concord CBC today. There was lots of activity, even after it started snowing when birds were busy at feeders. We were mostly driving and walking along roads given the snow.

We had great birds at one of our first big stops on Horsecorner Rd. in Chichester: 2 adult Red-shouldered Hawks perched in the same tree, 30 Common Redpolls, and 2 Pine Siskins.

Other highlights scattered in Pembroke included a Yellow-breasted Sapsucker, 28 Pine Grosbeaks, and 2 Red Crossbills.

When I came home (which is in the count circle) a Cooper’s Hawk flew through my yard, a Pileated flew over, 2 Carolina Wrens were chattering, and 11 White-throats Sparrows were at the feeder. A nice final addition to the count.

Becky Suomala
Concord, NH