Date: 12/19/20 6:58 pm
From: William Pelletier via groups.io <wrpelletier...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] eBird Top 100 by Year for Santa Clara County
Folks,
Here is this year's Santa Clara county summary (since 2000) for eBird Top 100 results sample. As you can see, more and more birds are reported over the years at every position, which I've randomly chosen to be #1, 5, 10, 50 and 100. Right now Mike Mammoser has 274 birds on eBird for 2020, which is already a county record for most birds reported on eBird in a year.
Even more notable is that it is getting more difficult to even make the Top 100. The 100th birder in the county currently has 138 birds, up from 127 last year. The 100th place total has gone up EVERY YEAR since 2000, and it was actually ZERO in those early years. In 2000, only 54 people reported over 10 birds in the county.
Please let me know if you have any questions or corrections.
Thanks,Bill P

View/Reply Online (#23230): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23230
-=-=-

-=-=-