Date: 12/19/20 5:33 pm
From: Rowe, Richard A, 'Dick' <RoweRA...>
Subject: [va-bird] Tree Sparrow in Rockbridge Co
Today was the 95th Lexington Area CBC. While not all of the data are in, it appears to have been a very successful count for us. Of note we had our first Long-tailed Duck on the count. The LTDU was seen at Lake Robertson and has been reported previously and present there for about 10 Days. Additionally, two counters reported Evening Grosbeaks; their first appearance on our count since 1993. At a private pond outside of Lexington a Virginia Rail was heard; it has been present there for about 3 weeks - heard but not seen on all visits. Also, at that pond an American Tree Sparrow was found this afternoon.
I've posted some photos of the Tree Sparrow, a Field Sparrow and Swamp Sparrow taken today during the count.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vmibiology/

Dick Rowe
VMI Biology Dept.

<bird...> To unsubscribe, send email to