Date: 12/19/20 5:18 pm
From: Chris Loscalzo via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] New Haven Christmas Count Results
The 121st annual New Haven Christmas Bird Count was held today. Approximately 80 people participated in the count. They braved subfreezing temperatures and about a foot of snow on the ground. We tallied approximately 125 species. The highlights were: CACKLING GOOSE, NORTHERN SHOVELER, CANVASBACK, numerous COMMON EIDER, RUDDY DUCK, many BALD EAGLES and MERLIN, a count week ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK, CLAPPER RAIL, AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHER, ICELAND GULL, GLAUCOUS GULL, BROWN THRASHER, PINE WARBLER, PALM WARBLER, CHIPPING SPARROW, (six!) VESPER SPARROW, LINCOLN’S SPARROW, LAPLAND LONGSPUR, EASTERN MEADOWLARK, BALTIMORE ORIOLE, COMMON REDPOLL, NORTHERN PARULA (a new species for our count circle!!!) and OVENBIRD (seen only once or twice before). A good time was had by all. My sincere thanks to all who participated in the count.

Chris Loscalzo
NH CBC Compiler
Woodbridge

Sent from Mail for Windows 10