Date: 12/19/20 6:54 am
From: Bill Fontenot <natrldlite...>
Subject: Re: [labird] Niblett Road highlights for the Lac-Thorn CBC
Matt, et al —

Congratulations! Not just on the cool finds, but for carrying on the tradition of the LAC-THORN Nibblett Rd. Crew.

I was part of that crew for a number of years. My personal list for Nibblett Road alone includes many hard-to-find winter birds (Ash-throated Fly, Short-eared Owl, Harris’s Sparrow, Leconte’s Sparrow, Yellow-headed Blackbird) crowned with out-and out LA winter rarities such as Golden Eagle, Great Kiskadee (at the time), Say’s Phoebe (ditto), and Green-tailed Towhee.

Can you construct a cumulative all-time Lac-Thorn-Niblett Rd. list?

I shall leave you with the traditional sacred marching song of the Niblett Crew:

“Everywhere we go
People don’t wanna know
Who we are
But we tell them anyway:

We are the Nibbletts!
The mighty mighty Nibletts! (3x)

YEAHHHH!!!!!!”

Merry Christmas to all Nibbletteers, wherever ye may dwell! oh, and to all ye LABIRDERS as well.

Bill Fontenot
N. Lafayette parish, LA