Date: 12/17/20 7:49 am
From: Jean <jmullen43...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Hermit Thrushes today- Portsmouth
Hi! After shoveling a path to feeders, I filled new mealworm feeder, hung suet feeder, and threw black oil sunflower seeds on shoveled paths. Along with 21 juncoes came a Hermit Thrush which was first seen on December 06 at my neighbor’s feeder and later perched in dogwood tree below my bedroom window. The bird has been seen multiple times since first sighting. It went to the mealworms but replaced by 5 Eastern Bluebirds. While I was watching it on the ground, a second Hermit Thrush flew in to the path. This bird had more defined streaks on its flanks. It too went for the mealworms after scratching at the ground. Also seen:

5 Mourning Dove
2 Downy Woodpecker
1 Hairy Woodpecker
2 Chickadee