Date: 12/16/20 9:58 am
From: Jackson Smith via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] frozen feeder birds
Today I noticed a Carolina Wren at my window feeder that was completely
frozen. It stayed that way for 15 minutes or more, with only its eyes
blinking. A short time later it was completely lively again as it ate from
my suet feeder. Yesterday I saw a Downy Woodpecker that was
similarly frozen on the suet feeder, though for less time. Are these
disease, but I was less worried after I saw the birds move again.

Jackson Smith
Wooster Square, New Haven