Date: 11/22/20 9:12 am
From: Rob Ballinger via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Fewer Finches Anyone?
Same in Clinton. The flock of about 50 siskins dropped on warmer days. It
was down to a few lately but 0 so far today. The goldfinch flock that was
down to at most 4 when the siskins were monopolizing the feeder has grown
to more than 10 most days. I do think they know when you've bought more
niger and are now off in the trees laughing, "ha, now they've got 8 pounds
going rancid" ;)
Another observation, I've seen the sapsucker in the holly bush a couple of
times and apparently attempting to pluck winterberries, but the branches
are too spindly to land on making it difficult.

Rob Ballinger - Clinton