Date: 11/22/20 6:20 am
From: <kvanfleet...> <kvanfleet...>
Subject: Re: art schiavo passed
Sad news indeed. I too lost contact with Art but remember him well as
a gregarious and active IBA volunteer during my years with Audubon PA.
Art regularly monitored and on occasion located Long-eared Owls at
Hershey Special Habitat IBA. Mr. Red-Sox fan will be missed.

Kim Van Fleet
Shermans Dale, PA

Quoting Scott Weidensaul <000001343b2dd726-dmarc-request...>:

> Art was one of our early volunteers on the Ned Smith Center?s
> saw-whet owl banding project, and somewhere in my files I have a
> photo of him with a tiny owl in his big hands and an absolutely
> enormous smile on his face. Coming across that picture always makes
> me smile, too, and I was very sorry to get the news of his passing.
>
> Scott Weidensaul
> Milton, NH (formerly Schuylkill Co.)
>

>>> On Nov 21, 2020, at 2:43 PM, Chad Kauffman
>>> <chadkauffman...> wrote:
>>>
>>> ?hello all
>>>
>>> Our birding flock has lost another one, I just found out that Art
>>> Schiavo passed away on 11/16. I don't have any details of what
>>> happened or services, etc. I will post them if I find anything
>>> out. He was a big crude at times, but our sense of humor lined up
>>> and we chased quite a few birds when we both started out working
>>> on our lists. We had drifted away the past few years, but I always
>>> considered him a friend.
>>>
>>> chad kauffman, mifflintown.
>>>
>>> --
>>> ***See our new video https://youtu.be/3gyjkxmmFS4 *** ***Check us