Date: 11/21/20 3:59 pm
From: Vic Fondy <treasurecreek...>
Subject: [sd-birds] West of Bel;le Fourche and return to Whitewood plus WW sightings
We took a "mental health day" and birded west of Belle Fourche to North
of Aladdin then back to Whitewood via upper Redwater and McNenny
hatchery. West of Belle to north of Aladdin produced some raptor
sightings including 1 Northern Harrier, 5 Rough-legged Hawks, 2 Golden
and 1 Bald Eagles, 3 American Kestrels, and one other unidentified
Falcon. Other WY sightings included one Lewis's Woodpecker, 1 Mallard,
and 2 Northern Flickers. Mirror Lakes near McNenny produced 40+
American Robins, a flock of 20+ Sharp-tailed Grouse, 2 Belted
Kingfishers, and 3 Townsend's Solitaires. The prairie areas were
totally devoid of other small birds. Attached is a picture of one of
the Sharp-tailed Grouses that posed in a tree.

New sightings at our feeders (or overhead) 1.5 miles south of Whitewood
since last report were Bald Eagle 11/14, Golden Eagle 11/16, Brown
Creeper 11/18, Sharp-shinned Hawk 11/19, and 1 Pine Siskin that showed
up 11/14 and is still around.

Vic/Donna Fondy
605.269.2553