Date: 11/21/20 3:23 pm
From: Edana Salisbury via groups.io <edanasal...>
Subject: Re: [OrangeCountyBirding] Just info on access to and location within Bolsa Chica Wetlands for Mountain Plover
As noted below, no u-turn on Seapoint.
From: <birdnut59...>
To: <edanasal...>
Sent: 11/21/2020 3:13:52 PM Pacific Standard Time

There are no u-turns allowed at Seapoint and PCH going south. However there is a pocket between the parking lot and Seapoint where you can do a u-turn.
On Nov 21, 2020, at 12:08 PM, Edana Salisbury via groups.io <edanasal...> wrote:

Someone ((Kelly) sent me a private message about this location, but when I tried to respond, there was no email address.  So here's some info for him/her and anyone else who hasn't been to this lcoation before.  If you are familiar with Bolsa Chica, just delete this message.

There is an entrance to the preserve/wetlands off of PCH between Seapoint and Warner.  Heading north, there is a light just before the entrance on the right.  Heading south, you will have to go up to Seapoint and hang a u-turn.   Parking, especially on weekends, can be difficult as the lot is smallish.  Also be aware that there have been car break ins in the past, so keep that in mind and take all your personal stuff with you. After you have parked, you enter the preserve over the walkbridge.  At the end of the bridge, there are some stairs leading to the tern nesting area behind the chain link fence.  This area is where the Mountain Plover has been seen. If you continue on the trail, you will come to the observation point on the right.  This is a good place to look for a variety of birds and enjoy the beauty of the day.   If you need any more information, send an email to me directly without a private email address... Edana SalisburyBuena Park
--
Edana Salisbury
Buena Park