Date: 11/21/20 1:35 pm
From: Robert Thorn <robthorn6...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] PickeringtonPonds-BlacklickBikepath,11-21: eagles,ducks,HermitThrush
The morning drizzle made me think of waterfowl, so I headed down to this
wetland southeast of Columbus. Despite the rain, water levels were fairly
low here, so waterbirds were not abundant. Wood Duck picnic area, usually
the best spot, had only a few ducks, but the presence of 2 adult Bald
Eagles may have had something to do with that. Ellis Pond, lacking eagles,
actually had more waterfowl, with flocks of Gadwall & N.Shovelers.

Landbirds were not a big show at either Wood Duck or Ellis Pond, but were
all over Glacier Knoll, where big flocks of Robins, Starlings, & finches
were working over honeysuckle berries. Also there were a good mix of
sparrows, including Song, White-throated, White-crowned, and Swamp. Nearby
Portman Park, along the Blacklick Creek Bikepath, had a bigger diversity of
landbirds, with the highlights being more Starlings & Robins, along with a
Hermit Thrush and Winter Wren.