Date: 11/21/20 12:48 pm
From: Daryl Tessen <bhaunts...>
Subject: [wisb] Lake Michigan. etc
I spent part of the day checking out spots along Lake Michigan and Horicon Marsh and Jersey Pond. Harrington Beach SP yielded a Red-throated Loon on the lake plus flyby Surf and White-winged Scoters (2 each).Kohler SP was quiet as was Sheboygan—no Purple Sandpiper that I had hoped for—too many people walking the shore plus North Pt water was too high. At the Beach Ct overlook on the south side of Sheboygan, the scoters were the main attraction. This spot over the years seems to be a magnet for scoters in the spring and fall. Today there were 11 birds numbering 7 Black, 3 White-winged and 1 Surf.
Horicon Marsh had the usual birds with limited open water in places. The Jersey pond was a real surprise when I arrived. A young man was in the middle of the pond in hip boots chasing the 200Ring-billed Gulls and a few ducks—waving his arms, etc. Eventually all the birds left. He was a falconer training his falcon. The south pond near city A had a Dunlin but no Least Sandpiper that Gregg has had the past number of days.
Daryl Tessen
Appleton, WI