Date: 11/21/20 10:36 am
From: David Guertin <dave...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Another banded SNGO
It's likely the same banding station. Let us know the details when you
get a response!

The one I found was banded in August 2013 on Bylot Island, Nunavut,
which is home to a huge breeding colony of Greater Snow Geese. There's a
long-term population study there led by Gilles Gauthier, which has
banded a large number of Snow Geese.

Dave G.

On 11/21/20 1:20 PM, Avery Fish wrote:
> Yeah, I reported to a form that asked for that. Mine was also black letters
> on yellow. Same banding station?
>
> On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 13:18 David Guertin <dave...> wrote:
>
>> Cool! The one I reported on the 8th was TK02, so this is a different
>> goose. The form to report the neck band also asks for the color of the
>> band -- mine was black letters on a yellow band.
>>
>> Dave G.
>>
>> On 11/21/20 12:36 PM, Avery Fish wrote:
>>> I saw a banded SNGO this morning at Dead Creek Goose Viewing Area, not
>> sure
>>> if it was the same on previously reported at the Goose Viewing Area. I
>>> reported the band number, and I’ll send any info. Whoever reported the
>>> first one, was the code XJ68?

Join us on Facebook!