Date: 11/21/20 10:18 am
From: bob mcguire <bmcguire...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Taughannock Loon Watch
I arrived at the NE corner of the south portion of Taughannock Park, began counting loons at 6:50, and left at 8:40 when the number of migrating loons dropped to three in the final 15 minute period. In total, I had 169 Common Loons flying south and 3 flying north. The morning began at 42 degrees with a 10 mph breeze out of the north and ended at 46 degrees, wind up to 15 mph. In addition to the loons, I had a Peregrine Falcon circling high overhead and a single Cackling Goose in a passing flock of Canadas.

COLO count:

Per 1 15
Per 2 89
Per 3 8