Date: 11/21/20 7:50 am
From: Jasper Barnes <Jasper.Barnes...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Cranes?
Hello, all!

I was hanging out in my apartment this morning when I heard the strangest noise outside my window. I think it was the "bugling" of passerby Sandhill Cranes! I didn't manage to see the flock, but I got a decent recording. Do these sound like cranes to you all, or am I just hearing funky Canada Goose flocks or something?

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/65335920

I don't have transit to some of the farther-flung bird spots like Sandbar SP or the beach in Charlotte, so it's always nice to have something unusual practically on my doorstep, for a change.

Thanks for your time, stay safe, and have a good one!

--Jasper Barnes

Join us on Facebook!