Date: 11/20/20 4:19 pm
From: Paul Brooks <paulbrooks27944...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Northern Saw Whet - Hickory Hills extra Info
I was able to locate the NSW today(with a bit of help) in the same general
location as the previous sightings(same grove), but he was about 400 yards
further East, along the path on the eastern edge of the grove.
I marked the spot with a beer bottle I found in the area, wedged between 2
trees. If you look to the west from the trail at that point, you will see
a tree that is V shaped at the base. Follow the left side of the V up
about 40-50 feet(about 4-5 feet from the top of the tree, and that is where
he was seen today.

If there are any questions, I may be able to head back up a few times over
the next week to see if he is still around, or to help others. Happy
Birding.