Date: 11/20/20 3:05 pm
From: Kevin Doyle via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] 5 female common eiders
Today from 1pm - 3:30 off the south easterly path at Stratford Point 5 female common eiders were preening and fishing very successfully I might ad. Several hauled out onto rocks presenting very nicely for photo ops. What was neat but I'm sure an annoyance for the ducks was one very persistent gull. Everytime the duck caught a crab the gull was right there to steal it away. This must have occurred at least 10 times. Just surprised the ducks didn't fly off. They pretty much stayed in the same general area with the tide eventually reaching high tide. Also one possibly two red throated loons and three female merganzers passing by. Other than this fairly slow action wise. FYI Paul F. I checked after my appointment and no signs of the duo over an hour and 1/4.
<Kevindoyle1969...>
New Milford, CT

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​